Chinese seafood place
Sy Association night
dinner and raffle.
Typical Chinese
food made me glad I had a
sandwich earlier.
New officers
sang the National Anthem.
(Face us or the flag?)
Johnny Walker was
being passed along tables.
God, I wish I drank.
I was bored to tears,
but fortunately I then
won eight hundred bucks!
My parents and my
uncle, on the other hand,
didn't win diddly.
And now a final
observation for this night.
(Moon cake door prizes!)
Old man had a mole
at the corner of his lip.
It looked malignant.
No, wait. My mistake.
It was just the tip of his
tongue sticking out. (Ew.)
2 comments:
this is cool Wilben! doncha just love these family association get mooncake get-togethers; show me the money ang theme palagi hahaha. didn't know Sy ka pala...
It woulda been so much cooler had I actually known/recognized anyone at the event outside of my parents and uncle. A better grasp of Chinese speeches and KTV probably woulda made the evening pass as smoothly as a colon on a high-fiber diet, but alas my almost-one-year in china is slowly wasting away in my long-term memory...
Post a Comment