COUNTUP

Aug 16, 2005

What Does THIS Button Do...?

I dunno why, but this pic I took just cracks me up.

My dad's a bit slow on working electronic appliances. He's handy at garden work and house utilities, but god help him if you left him alone with the universal remote. (Now I'd understand having difficulty in using the remote if you were a houseguest... but, geez, the man lives here.)

At least he didn't use Post-Its...

So in order to remind himself how to work certain buttons on the remote (in this case the picture-in-picture function), he encircles them with a red felt pen. He's done the same with the DVD remote, so as not to confuse PLAY with PAUSE, as well as ON/OFF with OPEN/CLOSE.

I just look foward to Father's Day, his birthday and Xmas because if gives the family/house a chance to buy new gadgets he'll never use himself. (What, you actually thought he could work that Sony Handycam?)

No comments: