I heard on the radio yesterday that the Ninoy Aquino International Airport was getting ready for celebrations on the anniversary of the assassination of its namesake, the late Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino III.
Why an airport would want to celebrate the worst security lapse in its history of operations is beyond me.
3 comments:
morbid.
Well, we also celebrate Bataan Day, which is basically one of the biggest military losses ever suffered in our history. I'm actually surprised we don't have Bataan Death March Month, wherein all ablebodied Filipino males gather to re-march the historic trail our (mostly) dead forefathers christened with their blood and guts.
I'm actually surprised we don't have Bataan Death March Month, wherein all ablebodied Filipino males gather to re-march the historic trail our (mostly) dead forefathers christened with their blood and guts.
I think it's because they're afraid they might end up like their dead forefathers and croak from dehydration or heat exhaustion.
Post a Comment