This was my reply to her recent email. I think it's PG-enough for posting (w/ editing, 'natch). Apologies for the overabundance of GMail emoticons.
Hi Love,
I just finished lunch. Everyone else had some of your hybrid papaya for dessert
, while the aftertaste of overripe mango is still lingering in my mouth. The good thing about that is the aftertaste from the veggie-flavored fortune cookie is no longer an issue. 
I also appreciated our talk last night, stuffy nostril notwithstanding.
It was informative and insightful. If we don't get to know each other enough (due to...distractions, wink wink) on our dates at least phone chats like that will make up for it. In hindsight it was probably crass of me to go on w/ my dislikes over the "likes," while your praise of my physical attributes embarrassingly dwarfed mine of yours.
As for my social organization skills, during my unattached days planning a gimik
was limited to asking friends if they're free, setting a date and just wait for that day, w/ a follow-up call or text to remind the other party. The gimiks are limited to dinner, movies and coffee nightcaps (though I want a hiking trip or something involving plane travel in the near future.) Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't due to outside forces. Otherwise my social time is just open and awaiting invites from other friends who go out more often than yours truly, but those invites are about as rare as handsome platypuses.
I've never been the go-out-on-my-own-at-night-and-see-what-or-who-is-out-there type. With an internet connection and access to too much TV/Movies/Books at home, staying home has been more the norm. But now that I'm with someone
the urge to go out (at least on weekends) should be greater.
While I want to reserve the right to ask you (as in you wait for me to ask) first, I don't want to take you for granted again, for it has caused you pain. That said, if I asked you out but you already made plans for that day I'll understand. After all I've done to (or not done for) you I deserve my share of "disappointments."
You deserve a happy life outside of my presence and influence. We both had lives before we met, and I'd like to think neither of us would want the other to forget what that was like, unless it was miserable or something similar. 
That's it for now. Talk to u soon. I love you. 
-Ben
2 comments:
who are you and what did you do to mirne benstewie?!
there
a line about disappointment caught my attention by the way. makes me think how people cope with disappointment in general.
and yea bout life-before-someone and life-with-someone-now. there should be something definitive and constant about you that should stay unchanged.
no matter what.
Post a Comment