COUNTUP

Jan 12, 2009

We Can Talk It Out

Met up w/ Lola and Mirell at AshCreek. Lola got me a DC Universe Alex Ross postcard book while I, in my hurry to get to Starbucks, forgot to bring her already late Xmas present. All the while, back at Liza's house a renowned reflexologist was working his wonders on her family and friends. She wanted me to see him but I politely declined.

When I finally stopped by the house (initially to just upload new TV eps to her laptop) the reflexologist had just left. The moment Liza opened the gate for me I knew she was upset about something. Once inside (and after data transfer) I asked if we could talk about it.

Long story short it looked to her like I was refusing her help and not trusting her judgement. The latter I disagreed with, but I apologized for belitting the former.

Words were ranted and rambled, tears shed, nose blown, hugs given and kisses exchanged. There were moments I thought of leaving early and to just let her stew, brood and sleep it off, but in the end I'm glad we decided to talk it out. Had it not been for The Contest there might have been more than a makeup makeout. (wink nudge wink wink)

No comments: