COUNTUP

Feb 2, 2009

Weekendies

SATURDAY: Ordered --and got-- a Western Digital Network Media Tank for the Bravia. After a software upgrade I can now watch d-loaded HDTV and .mkv-format vids with more ease. Before that I plugged the flash-drive into the USB port of the Philips DVD player, w/c could read the data, but slow w/ rewinds and fast-forwardsand I've lost my readers now. Hello? Anyone? "Boobies?"

Saturday night out became an unwanted (and avoidable had I been a better road-vs-map reader) road trip that brought us to the Balintawak N-Lex tollbooth. Not the priciest mistake in the world, but 72 bucks in still 72 bucks, and for going through a gate we weren't supposed to go through to begin with.

Once we got our street bearings (and Liza's superior sense of direction) we found her friend Paige's place and partook of a humble home-fried meal of chicken, mushroom, flat fried fishballs and cake. We also had a partial screening of A Tale of Two Sisters (US version entitled The Uninvited) before she got tipsy from the punch. Getting home was faster as the street directions were more straightfoward.

SUNDAY: After some Us Time dinner(wherever)-and-a-movie(Australia)-out became delivery(Shakey's)-and-a-TV-show(Lie to Me)-in. We had the house to ourselves as the 'Rents to watch a Chinese circus performance.

No comments: