A few quips:
- Seeing as how the major prisons in Metro Manila are hopelessly overcrowded and writhing in filth and gangs, it's nice (and disturbing) to see how prison officials in Cebu could organize something like this. The Thriller dance number supposedly has 1500 inmates choreographed into something that reminds me of those North Korean tribute performances to Kim Jong Il. I can't even fathom getting 1500 convicts to cooperate for... anything outside of a prison break/riot, much less a dance number.
- I wonder if the guys playing the female parts are branded as somebody's b*tch afterwards, or were they already beforehand?
- I hope the cons who participated got more out of this other than their 15 minutes of online fame. Reduced sentence, enhanced visitation rights, an actual talent fee, etc.
- I smell a movie in this. High concept pitch: It's The Shawshank Redemption meets Chicago.
- I hope their next bit is from Riverdance.
No comments:
Post a Comment