COUNTUP

Jul 12, 2007

Blog Catchup

TODAY: Had a nightmare. Big school program (always at SJCS auditorium, for some reason). My siblings and I were the organizers. Boit at sound system, Sis at music, Wilson gives a lecture and me as host. Program's about to start when my throat closes up. I tried to speak louder but could only gasp the words. This has never happened before, I thought. Basically I f@#ked it up before introducing Wilson.

Then I woke up. Six thirty AM? Screw that. I actually tried the intro out loud again before falling asleep.

Sudden invite later in the day by Rons has me watching Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix at Trinoma w/ her. Not a fan of the series but it's her treat, anyway, while mine was for dinner afterwards. Again my absentmindedness almost has me losing the parking stub, w/c I thought was pointless to begin w/ since they charge a flat fee of 30 bucks.

YESTERDAY: Got a haircut in preparation for the wedding this Saturday. Got my free Timex watch courtesy of HSBC. Bought a copy of Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 at 1400 bucks off the original selling price. Ma and I were about to leave Glorietta when someone from EPCIB called to tell me I left my credit card at the bookshop where I bought Sandman. They said they'd "locked" the card for security reasons and if I don't call them back w/in the next 48 hours they'd cancel it altogether. Of course I went back, got the card and called them back. Call-center idiots took forever to undo everything.

Lesson: It's quicker to report your credit card stolen/missing than it is to report it found/recovered.

DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY: Met up w/ hottie former math teacher Jen at UP, her former place of employment (afterwards it was at a PR firm and now a number cruncher at Citibank). It was a meeting I nervously looked forward to, as previous invites to coffee (or similar beverages since I don't drink coffee per se) were always rejected out of distrust of/for yours truly (w/c bewildered yours truly). She only agreed this time because she was "in between boyfriends."

The non-date was... interesting. I noticed a air of snappishnes and pseudo-hostility towards me. Was this her way of discouraging me from asking her out again or just a natural reaction to my presence? Neither prospect appealed to me.

So if ya can't beat 'em, wisecrack 'em. In between trading verbal barbs and zingers (she was beating me due to my "restraint") she shopped for gift baskets for her lawyers, then we had dinner at Anyi while waiting out the rainstorm. Driving from UP to Greenhills and back was a first for me, so good thing she was around. Earlier I suggested just going to Trinoma but she suggested I "get out of my comfort zone."

And to close this evening a simple goodbye besos ended instead with colliding cheekbones (I kid you not). Ouchie. Perfect.

2 DAYS BEFORE YESTERDAY: Supposed to get a haircut while mom had a facial, but my "personal" barber had the day off. Okay, 2+ hours to kill. Watched Die Hard 4.0.

*To anyone thinking that I must be unemployed to have this much free time to do all this: yer dead wrong. I have work. I just don't blog about it.

No comments: