Went to Makati to audtition for a radio ad (they wanted someone who could do an "authentic Chinese accent," whatever that is). Afterwards I had a preztel and Moroccan Mint latte courtesy of CB&TL, where I ran into my old classmate Marge. Ok, got all the inconsequential events outta the way.
I haven't taken the MRT for quite some time, w/c is why I noticed the price change and the small watchtower at the bottom of the stairway (where the trains stopped) occupied by a single guard. As always I stood in line for the first 2 boxes 'cause they were closest to the tollway at the QC station. When the train slowed down enough for me to see the passengers clearly I noticed a something else: most-- if not all-- the passengers were women.
Just then I remembered some city ordinance/policy/bullcrap rule about having male and female passengers (save for senior citizens and/or those w/ kids in tow) ride in the separate boxcars, w/ women taking the "upper" half and men the "lower" half. Okay, that explains the guard on the watchtower, I thought. Do I move? Wait, there's an old guy sitting in the first boxcar, sooo... I guess it's alright. Ah, what the hell. I got in the second boxcar; and nobody stopped me or called my attention. No Schindler's List-like flashbacks so far.
I looked around. There was a lady in army fatigues standing by the door. Fellow passenger or guarding against would-be lesbo pervs? I felt like Yorrick in Y: The Last Man. Some passengers that were seated occasionally looked up at me, probably thinking three things: 1)Nothing 2)Must be a plainclothes security guy, or 3)That's a woman?
With every stop we made I half-expected someone to ask me to move to another boxcar, w/c didn't happen. I kinda like it here. No pushing and shoving nor any oily finger, palm or face prints on the windows. Then again it wasn't rush hour yet. At the Cubao station at least 2 more guys hopped on the same boxcar I was in. Nobody screaming sexual harrassment yet.
In the end it was an uneventful ride, just the way MRT management wants it.
No comments:
Post a Comment