COUNTUP

Jan 27, 2007

Point to Tuldok

Got a text message from Rachelle T. informing me that Tuldok Animation (local indie animation company of my old award-winning client Ramon del Prado) was holding auditions for voice talents. Now, my original plan was to audition, then watch a movie w/ Louella, but she and her bro already made plans to go buy PC parts. So after lunch I drove straight to Makati, instead.

The audition was at an badly lit, "abandoned" multi-purpose hall, where you could entice an amateur filmmaker to shoot a horror flick here. Rache arrived about an hour after I did, but my name wasn't called yet so we chatted the time away. I finally managed to give her her long-delayed Xmas gift (solitary season of The Lone Gunmen). The planned 15min projected is being run by fellow VO guy Pocholo Gonzales, who once again invited me to join him in another organization specializing in VO work. Since I didn't get any work from the last "invite" I'm not exactly holding my breath.

They called me in. Seems I'm "affectionately" known around the very small VO-animation circle as "Mr. Worm" (in reference to the earthworm character I played in Ramon's short cartoon Egg. Beats "Mr. Crab," I guess.) Several voices later I'm done. Rache followed soon afterwards.

I don't really need the job, but I still want it, all-Tagalog project or no. Been outta the game way too long.

No comments: