(Wilson's) B-day Dinner Highlights
- Family initially had trouble finding Palm Grove restaurant. Didn't help that the first time I went there was at the SJCS Batch '86 Reunion... in the daytime. Then again, every place is harder to find the second time...at night...if the first time was during the day. ('Kay, wrap your head around that awkwardly worded sentence first.)
- Wilson's old buds from Ateneo Glee Club also attended. I've never heard Happy Birthday sung so melodiously before, and I didn't even have to buy orchestra tickets.
- Food wasn't anything to write home about (to blog about, mebbe). I admit being fooled by a menu that described the food like it was from TGIFridays but presented like it was made by Pancake House. (Hint: only order pancakes from PHouse, 'coz everything else they make is mediocre.)
- In a other private room met "the Wednesday Group" of Francis Pangilinan, Joker Arroyo, Ralph Recto and Manny Villar (whom I mistakenly said was Mar Roxas to everyone I told). Why they're meeting on a Friday escapes me. If it was to throw the media off their scent it didn't work, as we saw reporters from ANC and GMA waiting outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment