Visited my first Protestant church over the weekend. Old Beijing friend/distant relative Carlos was getting hitched and I was again the designated driver to the 'rents. One thing that confirmed that United Evangelical was Pro was the absence of any images of Jesus (just like JT said), even on the crucifix. The mass was shorter w/ the lack of Readings, Offertory or Communion. Just the priest yakking away. Sure didn't feel shorter, as I still managed to doze off for a bit.Couldn't escape driving duties for the wedding reception, so I tried to make an evening for myself while the folks dined at Century Seafood Restaurant ("For all your Tsinoy wedding reception needs!"). Contacted JT, who luckily was free. We had dinner at nearby Aristocrat, where I found that boneless chicken breast can be just as filling as their original 3-piece chicken BBQ. She offered I hang out at her place while waiting them the 'rents to call, but alas, Ma texted early to say dessert was almost done, so after dropping her off I had to hightail it back to Century.
No comments:
Post a Comment