Friday: Met up w/ Beijinoys (pix to follow as soon as the internet connection in the office gets fixed) at Congo Grill in Makati. As always attendance was less than hoped and more than expected (if you can wrap that idea around your head you have my gratitude). Old and new faces, particularly in the form of Joanne's Korean-Legazpi posse and Hy-C's boyfriend. Recognized (aside from Jo's BF Kim of course) the Legazpi ladies, since Cathy (Dy) was my groupmate in my Taiwan tour and I'd seen Giselle around La Salle (LIA-COM, as in OrgCom and Finance).With the buckets(!) of San Mig Lite that followed fabulous food it was like being at the No-Name Bar all over again, only with a band. Face flushed so red after the first bottle even my eyes were bloodshot. (Damn Asian physiology.) Failed to bring my discount card but David (Lee, who's currently in Shanghai but talked to her sister who's the manager of this branch of CG) managed to get us a 10% discount.
Got home relatively early only to find that no one waited up for me. Rats. Should've followed the Beijinoys to the club after dinner.
Saturday: quiet afternoon, so I decided to have Karen (Chan) over for a brief internet/e-mail tutorial. With the computer in her house on the fritz I pray these lessons won't go the way of the short attention span. A hour and a half later we had bread 'n' butter (and Nestea) for snacks. After driving her back to her place I rushed back to mine to get dressed for Carol's mom's birthday dinner at the Harbor Prince seafood restaurant.
(SIDEBAR: Being invited to a Tsinoy birthday party would imply wearing red attire or bringing a gift. Carol insisted her guests do neither. Seems her folks didn't want guests to be pressured but didn't tell Carol to tell guests to just come to an ordinary dinner soon enough. Obviously we found out. Mebbe we were invited as an afterthought. Ah, well, free Chinese food is free Chinese food. Yes, I'm kidding on that last statement.)
I've always said that every time I'm in the Greenhills area I'll spot at least one familiar face. This time the coinkydink counter broke its needle as a lot of familiar faces showed up at the restaurant. Marilyn & Marinette Uy's folks. Kendreck. Evett, 5-Kim, 6-Ku and Kim. Though only Auntie Lily and Uncle William (Uy) and I (and Eileen) were there for Carol's party.Ten courses of Chinese food later Eileen and I had a nightcap at Starbucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment