Today I played godfather to Lynette's son Riley at his baptism/al. Never mind I waited in the wrong church for almost an hour (Ermita, not Malate) and couldn't find the right one afterwards. Anyway, afterwards we all had lunch at Don Henrico's for fun family pizza and pasta. Hope the kid likes the spaceship trolley.* * *
After the party I drove around looking for the Pan Pacific hotel to go work out at their Slimmer's World Gym. Gods, was I going in circles for awhile. That didn't stop even after I found the place. Up one elevator, then up the escalator, then up another elevator. Reached the gym, only to get lost in a maze of rooms looking for the lockers and weight room. Never a poster map when you need one.
It's been awhile since I worked out at a Slimmer's World Gym, and I notice when the lapse of time is long enough, once I start lifting it's as if a new set of muscles get worked on and get sore quickly. I was already breathing hard after one bicep workout. Man, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.
* * *
Caught the 2nd half the The Fog of War on HBO. It's a documentary featuring an interview with Robert S. McNamara, Secretary of Defense for the Jack Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson (think Donald Rumsfeld, only, you know, intelligent). Compelling stuff, hearing him share his experiences on how he handled the Vietnam war. The similarities between the circumstances leading up to that war and Bush's war in Iraq are chilling: The premise of bringing Freedom to a foreign country. The President refusing to bring troops home and insisting that they "hold on." Dead soldiers and more dead soldiers.
Whoever said those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it did not consider Man's laziness in studying History.
2 comments:
thanks for the trolley! for now, my niece KT loves it hehe. Riley sat down on it last saturday. ang cute. mwah.
hay ben, sana u asked me. from pedro gil, nag right ka lang, pan pacific na. hehe
Post a Comment