I am an uncle anew to Jian Kyle Co Santos, a name I pray my new nephew can live with. Personally I was partial to Jacob, Jarod, even John Kennedy (what, too soon?), but the final say wasn't mine.* * *
My cousin M2 (or "Em Em") told his parents he wants to become a full-time stand up comedian. Oh, how parents long to hear those words coming from their children (insert sarcastic smirk here). Seems his friends have been telling him he's Funny. That and probably too many viewings of Last Comic Standing.I wish him all the luck but highly discourage the Full Time part. Comedy is hard, and getting a laugh out of people who aren't your friends is even harder. Also, save for a few lucky ones (and I do mean luck-- fame is a crapshoot) a comedian's lifespan is short, fame-wise.
Sometimes that's the trouble with being a son of a well-to-do family. A sense of being invulnerable to the harsh reality of Life. That said, there's never enough people in my family allowed to pursue their dreams. Just hope he's up to it.
Okay, Fuddy Duddy Mode OFF.
* * *
They're cancelling Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential?!?!Damn you, American audiences! You wouldn't know Brilliant TV if it smacked you in the face, slammed you to the ground and came in your mouth!!! It's people like you that keep crap like According to Jim on the air and ignore of the intelligent comedies. First The Tick, then Wonderfalls, now this.
And damn you, Nielsen Ratings people, for putting those boxes in all the wrong houses!
No comments:
Post a Comment