From CNN:
Artist leaps off museum roof to recall 9/11 horror
A performance artist wearing safety harnesses jumped repeatedly from a museum roof to create photographs that recall scenes from the World Trade Center attack...Kerry Skarbakka fell more than 30 times from the five-story Museum of Contemporary Art..."I was so distraught, I needed some way to find an artistic response," he told the Chicago Sun-Times. Now, he says he sees falling as a metaphor for life.
Oooh, deep. Personally I see falling as painful.
Right now I expect future art performances in the same vein. To remember the Holocaust Skarbakka will lock himself inside a truck trailer and have carbon monoxide pumped into it. For the Tianamen Massacre he'll hold a single white rose in the air while a tank runs over his left foot. For the Columbine shootings, he'll hand out rifles to kidsn at a public high school and ask them to hunt him down in the cafeteria.
No comments:
Post a Comment