This ain't Rated G. In the US the movie is Rated PG. Here it's G, or General Audiences. I thought some scenes were disturbing, and I read the comic book version. I wouldn't take anyone under 7 to see this.
Christian Bale was kewl. We got to see Bruce Wayne tormented and foppish and Batman angry and screaming at the same time for the first time in the movie franchise. There were moments, though, w/ his scenes with Katie Holmes where I thought Hey, when did Keannu Reeves enter the picture?
Also: one thing all Bat-Actors had in common? Distracting physical features. Michael Keaton's lips and receding hairline (sorry, but Bruce Wayne ain't bald/balding). Val Kilmer's mole. George Clooney's bobbing head. With Bale it as that "bump" on the corner of the right eye. I just wanted the laze that f*#ker off.
What? Speak up, can't hear you. If you like sounds of breaking glass, clashing swords and lots of explodo in deafening THX surround sound, this is the flick for you. I, on the other hand, almost went deaf.

Hi-ho, Burlap Sack Man, away!
Scarecrow, aka Edward Scissorhands. Cilian Murphy was postitively channeling his inner Johnny Depp playing Jonathan Crane, aka The Scarecrow. I like the bit where he was attacked while riding a horse, a nod to both Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman.
Didn't see that coming. The plot twist with Ra's Al Ghul and Henri Ducard, I mean. Well, it did explain why someone like Ducard would like to see Gotham destroyed, since it was out of character for him, comics-wise.
Whatever happened to The Mark of Zorro? That was supposed to be the movie that partly inspired Bruce to become Batman. Who the hell takes a kid to the opera?
Jim Gordon was underused. Hell, he wasn't even mentioned by (first) name. Ah, well, leaves you wanting more for the sequel, I guess.
Action scenes were edited by a blender. Too many closeups. If the fight was done, I'd just assume Bats won.
Stop f@%#ing revealing your secret identity. If had to give Elle McPherson credit for anything concerning the Batmovies, is that she's the only ladylove of Bruce Wayne that didn't figure out he was Batman. Every other time it's a freakin' miracle they haven't sold the story to the tabloids. Katie Holmes goes, "Tell me your name." Bats gives long stare, all quiet-like. Oooh, he won't tell her. I thought. Then he goes all pussy and quotes her a line she told Bruce Wayne. Gah!!!
So he kills again?!? Sigh. Okay, it was indirect, and we don't see a body actually die (w/c, in the world of comics, counts as Not Really Dead). Ultimately it just gave Bats a chance to deliver a both kewl but cliche line before leaving the villain to fend for himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment