COUNTUP

Jun 12, 2005

Long Day

Went with Mom back to H Salon for another haircut. To our surprise party organizer/ host/ fashion wonder ex-tror-din-nair Tim Yap (I've always known him as Timothy since our school days at Saint Jude) dropped by for a beauty cut. We got to chat a bit and I learned of his signing up with MTV and a hosting gig w/ ABC 5.


The name's Yap. Timothy Yap.

Later that evening we headed for the Grand Hyatt for Boit's birthday dinner. Buffet, as usual. What surprised me about the evening was the number of familiar faces I ran into, and by amazing coincidence all 3 of them were from my Taiwan Liberty Hall tour group of 1998: Paul (now married and fatter), Gilbert and Archie (came from Robison's Place across the street to check out the hotel w/ a friend). Compared to past buffet dinners tonight I ate less than usual, w/c teaches me not to have any mocca frap drinks before dinner. The 3 families (plus Aissa, Raymond, Auntie Rose and TinTin) stayed up 'til half past 11, since Dad, Herman and Raymond went to the casino across the hall.

Kids! It's just cake!

No comments: