We Suck at 77
Transparency International, a Berlin-based anti-graft watchdog group, recently released its annual Corruptions Perceptions Index. Out of 102 countries listed The Philippines ranked #77 (along with Pakistan, Romania and Zambia) in terms of the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among public officials and politicians. After seeing the number I thought Man, they must not know us very well. A second glance reveals that list is from least to most corrupt. Okay, so they do know us. Finland is #1. Who knew the country where Santa Claus lives would be perceived as the least corrupt? The most corrupt? Bangladesh. So much for my travel plans.
I was supposed to talk about an audition in Mandaluyong City, but that didn't push through so I watched a movie instead. The Bourne Identity, starring Matt Damon and Franka Potente (she of Run Lola Run fame). For a remake this was a good action flick. Intelligent, even. (How often does that happen?) I was surprised to see Brian Cox in the movie (w/c only shows what little attention I payed to the TV commercials), but only because I didn't plan of seeing him in any film before the X-Men sequel.
No comments:
Post a Comment