The Night We First Met...Again
Last night after dinner at the Steak Factory, courtesy of 3-Ku (my 2nd time there after Boit's b-day celebration, but I again ordered the Hungry Man's Steak 'coz the only other "filling" choice of Rib-Eye was too pricey), the family took a stroll around the Podium Mall. My high school classmate Rachel wasn't at her "post" at their family's optical shop.
While looking around the second floor I caught a glimpse of a lady I knew-- by face if not by name (story of my life) -- having dinner with someone at the Banana Leaf Curry Shop. Feeling gutsy (and bored from the walking) I headed for the restaurant and took a seat next to her. Jean (on the business card she gave me) doesn't remember how we met, either, but it was okay. She introduced me to her "dinner date" Christy. A real cutie, by any standard. At that moment I really regretted not having any calling cards at hand. We chatted for a while as other familar faces cames in eat, Judy Ann Santos among them. She's a lot lighter-skinned than I thought. Several other faces I recognized from college (Annette Yap's cousin, for one) also came.
Actually Juday's just one of several celebrity sightings for me that night. Ana Roces had dinner with friends at the Steak Factory, and after my little chat with Jean and Christy I saw Former PNP Chief Director General Edgar Aglipay eating with his family at a cafe on the ground floor.
A not-so-boring night, all in all. Too bad it's ruined by the fact I had to come in the office the next morning (today) for an "ocular inspection" by the Touch Mobile people.
No comments:
Post a Comment