COUNTUP

Aug 21, 2008

'Rent-Free

It's now Day 2 (or Day 3 as it's past midnight) of No-'Rents Week. During this time things slow down around the house. Less lights are turned on at night. Almost everyone goes to bed early, while conversely I get to go down to work at 9AM instead of 8:30. (Guess what? Work's still there, Ma.) And no big meals are cooked either for lunch or dinner.

And how nice of Typhoon Karen to show up as they left. Rainy day.

Spent my morning trying to watch downloaded copies of the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies (good chunk of the video concentrated on the parade of nations, so I skipped that) and Sleeper, w/c I'm sure wasn't Woody Allen's way of describing what you'd end up being while watching it. And finally after watching the first two episodes of Hotel Babylon I'm convinced I can play the show on the background while doing something else on the PC.

Another perk to having the house to myself is being to leave it at odd hours (odd for this family, anyway). For instance, tonight I met up w/ Dee for a late dinner at the Museum Cafe in Greenbelt 4.

On a side note, I have 2 bones to pick w/ this cafe's design aesthetics:

1) Fine, the regular lumpia-roll style of presenting a wet towel is cliche at best, but someone should tell them that utilizing instead the shape of dog turd won't exactly invoke images of good hygiene.

2) Ok, so the artistically-cut pads of paper conceal the ugly metal vase, but why place it near a lit candle? Hell, let's make it an even more obvious fire hazard by turning the vases into candle holders.

We had tandoori chicken pizza (thankfully not as spicy as expected) and mojitos. For my first time taste of the latter I can say it was a bit tasteless. Maybe it was partly because Dee ordered the non-flavored (by kiwi or lychee, it seemed) versions, but otherwise all I could taste were the mint leaves. After dinner I treated her to gelatto.

Ah, without the Contessa around only Dee can get me to get out of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is contessa my new nicky? hehhehe. nice.