COUNTUP

Aug 31, 2008

Random Weekend Notes

S A T U R D A Y
  • Caught up on my reading. 100 comics in 8 hours (but not consecutively).
  • Finally beat Amy at Facebook Bowling Buddies, but Andy crushed my overall high score. Boit gives me pointers.
  • Dee YMs me about craving Koizu Tea.
  • Tried out the P90X+ Intervals workout. It was basically 2 rounds of a 20-minute cardio routine, w/ the second one done in reverse order of the first. Got winded, but that won't last. Plyometrics is still harder, IMO. New month starts tomorrow. Perfect time to start a new program if it weren't for my f@#king shoulder.
  • Stayed up all night scouring BitTorrent for the songs Dee asked me to download. It didn't help that I never heard of most of the artists.
S U N D A Y
  • Tried to watch movies (and the Beijing Olympics closing ceremonies) but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Didn't help that I was lying down on the couch while watching, but that wasn't the problem. Just couldn't get into it.
  • The reason I didn't make any concrete plans to go out today was because I was supposed to have a massage at 4PM, but it turns out Bebot didn't make the appointment. In the end it was just as well since we were going out for dinner.
  • After picking up Pa on the way to Dampa the light rain became a heavy downpour, w/c lead to Pa (again) freaking out about getting caught in floodwaters and insisting we head for the nearest resto of his choosing, Dragon Gate. The other car's occupants (me, Ma, Ais, Evett and 5-Kim) argued against it, suggesting that MOA was a better option since it had indoor parking and more resto options. At first Ma wavered, so we made the U-turn to Dragon Gate. When the parking attendant told us that even their parking lots were flooded we headed out for MOA. After settling in Fish & Co. the downpour stopped. Sheesh. I ordered the teriyaki salmon.
  • Saw long lost long-lost SJCS classmate Johanna Ong, carrying (I'm assuming) her daughter. Didn't say Hi to either one of them.
  • Actually had trouble blogging about the weekend due to lack of content, hence the "bulletpoints" edition.

No comments: