Two Sundays ago I dropped by unannounced to milady's house, hoping to surprise her w/ a couple of frappucinos. The surprise was on me when no-one answered the door (made more difficult w/ the lack of a doorbell), phone or cellphone. My chagrin over her abscence (and the overrated and romanticized notion of surprise visits) was thankfully subsided when friend Des said she was free to hang. Drove out to Star City but ended up shooting the breeze by the bay near MOA, instead (there is so much crap in those waters). Bought myself a Subway Club for dinner.
Last Saturday (July 5) I met up w/ Diana and TinTin after dinner for a nightcap, first at the Half-Moon "bibingcrepe" restaurant (where Di ordered --while Tin and I partook of-- her chocolate-peanut crispy crepe, w/c resembled a flatted pie base w/ the thinnest layer of crunchy chocolate), then later at Starbucks' E. Rod branch. Di recently recently resigned from her freight and shipping job in Hong Kong (she worked logistics and mentioned having her iPod swiped from its speaker dock in the office), while Tin is contemplating doing the same w/ ther job at Citibank. Speaking of comtemplating, the discussion also went towards Tin's pending engagement/marriage (I forget which one) to her Thai boyfriend Pei, and my self-imagined troubles w/ milady.Last Sunday I sorta spontaneously kidnapped Des (her term, not mine) again (and met some of her male siblings) and we grabbed some chow at one of the many Italian restos at the Fort (note t0 self: never order vegetarian lasagna ever again). And fruitless search for a gelato stand had us almost reaching the South Luzon expressway (stupid lack of road signs) before a crucial left U and left turn finally brought us back to Makati.
Now, no offense to my lady frendz, but all of those activities I would've/should've preferred to have done w/ milady. But at times when I tell people, "I'm seeing someone," part of me is lying, since the "seeing" part is becoming less frequent. Sure, there's the occasional phone call (when I'm able to catch her not on conference w/ US clients or just plain asleep), but saying, "I'm talking to someone by phone" doesn't seem to have the same impact.
1 comment:
im getting intrigued by milady! pray, do tell, and email!
Post a Comment