COUNTUP

Jun 8, 2008

Weekend Outings

Saturday: Since the 'Rents were in Baguio for the weekend, I attended the wedding of the daughter of family friend Wendy Sy in their stead. Since 2 seats for reserved --and I didn't want to risk getting bored attending a party w/o knowing anyone-- I looked for someone to go with me. As G wasn't available (still in LA), I asked old college classmate Charmaine Dee. At first she was hesitant (weekends being her only time to catch up on glorious sleep) but eventually she relented. Owe her big time. Funny thing was we did end up seeing a whole table full of familiar faces (though it was mostly their names that escaped us) from DLSU's EngLiCom days, but unfortunately we weren't seated at that table. Gloria Maris wedding reception menu being what it is (inadequate), Dee and I later went to Italianni's for a slice of frozen tiramisu. When I got home I stayed watching the last (or latest) 3 episodes of Reno 911.

Sunday: So much for sleeping off the whole morning (stupid company business truck coming by so early to get the delivery receipts). After lunch I hung out w/ DJ and Yvette in Greenhills where we watched (but missed the first 10 minutes of) The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Overall it wasn't bad for an epic movie based of a series of books I've never read nor expressed any interest in. When I found out that the lead character Prince Caspian spoke w/a Spanish accent I half-expected him to say "My name is Inigo Montoya..."
After the movie we walked around the Theatre Mall and Virra Mall looking for a 8 Gb flashdrive for DJ, then had some pesto pizza for dinner.

No comments: