Last Friday I was still in the midst of deciding whether to host a small dinner party Saturday at my place w/ Bejinoys Des and Ferndinand or just grab a bite at Rockwell. Fortunately Fernds had a better idea and invited us to attend his friend CB's birthday BBQ in Ayala, Alabang. I left the CRV (and inadvertently my cellphone) at Fernd's Asia Tower condo before we (along w/ Des and Ferd's Chinese-American friend Andy) took his AUV.Traffic was terrible, but we still arrived plenty early at CB's house. Dude works in private security, w/c would explain all those flak jackets that hung in his room. Not sure how to explain the presence of his 30-pound cat, though. At the garden/pool grounds I tried out their 2-wheel rocking skateboard, w/c was definitely as difficult as it sounds to ride.
In the course of the evening, my tolerance for alcoholic drinks was tested (totaling 2 Red Horse, 1 SanMig light and 1 shot of J. Cuervo, w/c burned the back of my throat), but I got to meet cool folks like Anna (the unofficial party photographer/ part-time painter), Frisca (architect), Aryn (hand model and fellow VO artist), Rosanna (architect), Justin and Ria (San Miguel Marketing), Pico (other unofficial photographer w/ the better camera) Charisse and Carlos. I definitely forgot to mention some people or misspelled their names, so apologies in advance.
Initially we thought of only staying a couple of hours, but ended staying past midnight. Initially we were delayed because Fernd's brother Grand took the AUV to pick up his friends in P'que. But even after they returned we were all still mixing and mingling w/ the other party guests.So just to make it clear, I'm not complaining. My worries were for w/ my "missing" phone (didn't know it was at Fernd's condo at the time) and not being able to text Elaine to tell her we wouldn't be able to meet her in Rockwell. When we finally left we still dropped off Des at Embassy before returning to Asia Tower.
I really glad I went to the party, as I rarely get a chance to meet new people and make new friends. Also really glad the 'Rents were in Naga for the weekend (to attend TinTin's engagement party), since coming home past 1AM is something they would've bugged me about the morning after.
2 comments:
is the aryn, as in last name cristobal? the only person i know with that name AND AA zip code was my ex-boss's daughter. she should be a big girl now :)
Hmm, probably. Mid to late 20s, perhaps?
Post a Comment