Eileen and I managed to arrange a lunch date at Banana Leaf Greenbelt 3 w/ Carol (and Lorenzo) last Friday before they flew back to Spain the next day. Maple managed to join us after we ordered the appetizers. I took care of the bill, for w/c I was repaid by first taste of Gelato --courtesy of Eileen-- (hundred bucks a scoop for something ice...creamier) and Morrocan Mint Latte from Carol. I joined the newlyweds for Carol's meet w/ Zharina (my co-candle partner at her wedding) for cups of tea latte and espresso.
Part of me wishes I could just cough up the cash and fly to Barcelona to visit them (scratch that; i could, but won't, being a cheapskate), but I'm just intimidated enough planning local trips, like when I flew to Iloilo to visit the Rafael Brothers.Aside from Spain, technically I also have friends I could visit in The US, Canada, Germany, Italy, London, China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Russia and France. That's a lotta frequent flier miles I gotta rack up. I also think there's some unspoken rule about trips to other continents having to last no less than 10-14 days para sulit, w/c I find odd. To justify spending all that cash for plane tickets and/or a visa you have to stay long, w/c would probably mean spending even more cash (be if for shopping/ sightseeing/ lodging) to enjoy yourself.
So until the day plane tickets are priced like bus tickets (or I develop the powers of flight and GPS), vacations will be few and far in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment