COUNTUP

Aug 19, 2006

Pre-weekend Outings

I don't really have a quota for how many times a week I go out w/ friends, or that it has to be on weekends. It's just that in these 2 instances I was the invi-tee, not the invi-ter (are those even words?). And who doesn't like hanging out w/ friends?

WEDNESDAY: I met up with Diana, TinTin and JC at Bon Appetit in Rustan's Makati for the restaurant's cold buffet dinner. We were later joined by Tin's BF Pei (from Thailand), whom we then accompanied to TGIFridays to watch him eat. I asked Tin and Pei if people ever mistook them for siblings, and it turns out it was quite often. Not surprising, given their slightly similar facial features and skin tone. Hell, I thought Pei was her brother when he joined us at Bon, but only because I didn't recognize him at first, since when I first met him a couple of months ago his hair was much shorter. Afterwards we all walked back to Pei's apartment at Oakwood to pick up their stuff. Nice digs. Gotta say, if I was planning a military coup with disgruntled AFP cadets, this would be a nice place to do it.

THURSDAY: Went to the Megamall branch of Powerbooks to meet up w/ Lola (also bought third Ex Machina tpb on sale). The plan was to watch a German silent film that was accompanied by music from Radioactive Sago Project (w/c beats listening to... silence or the sound of popcorn being chewed, I guess). She said she received email saying the movie was supposed to show there. The papers I read said the movie was showing at Greenbelt (and did so 2 days ago). Turns out I and the papers were right. While we made our U-turn from the end of the theatre lobby (Supermans Returns still playing, apparently), I saw couples w/ bewildered looks, as if also finding out that the German film was nowhere to be found. I'm guessing they got the same email as Lola.

In the end we just chatted the night away at Starbucks in Ash Creek in Ortigas Street, w/c, IMO, was a better way to spend to evening.

No comments: