COUNTUP

Feb 14, 2006

"...the Darndest Things"

So Jasmine learned about the 9 planets today, reciting them over and over, mispronuncing Mercury each time and spending an unhealthy --if she were an adult-- amount of time trying to remember Uranus. On the ride home from school our conversation went from planets to Disney characters. (Pluto, get it?) She was sending Mickey Mouse to Venus, Donald Duck to Jupiter, Goofy to Pluto, Minnie Mouse to Saturn, and so on. (Oddly enough Pluto the dog wasn't mentioned.)

Then she wanted Mickey on Jupiter. I told her Mickey was already on Venus, so how was he going to join Donald? She said Mickey will die because it's so hot on Venus, but that's okay because Donald will use his magic to bring him back to life, and Mickey will be so grateful he gave Donald a surprise gift.

What, you think I can make this stuff up? I'm still surprised she knew it was hot on Venus.

And another thing: wasn't Mickey was the Sorcerer's Apprentice?

No comments: