Road Tripped
Yesterday I asked Charmaine to come to the TeleAd office for an emergency voiceover session of Halloween voice icons for Touch Mobile. After the taping she insisted I leave with her since she needed to go to QC. It was an hour earlier than my usual departure time, but a free ride's a free ride. Unfortunately we had to take the traffic-prome EDSA route. All it took was a navigation faux pas on my part (stupid overhead signs) for a cop to flag us down. Amazingly Dee was able to talk her way out of a ticket. (The fact that she had a get-out-of-trouble-free PNP "courtesy card" probably helped, too.)
For today it was Rachelle's turn at the mike. Same as Dee, she had to do pieces of a sexy voice and a hypnotist for the voice icons. It took several "meows" for her to get the sexy, Catwoman-like voice I was after but she did great. She was even nice enough to give me my long-delayed birthday gift (Stick, by Ellmore Leonard) and take me out to lunch afterwards. Strangely enough I lost the Pacific Star guest ID as well as my chance of getting my old DLSU ID back. Ah, well. Looked like I was choking in that picture, anyway.
Got to talk to Mona again, who sounded all pooped from all the wedding preparations she's been doing. The big event's for January 2003, and hopefully won't clash with my (parent's) plans of sending me to China for 6 months. She was looking for an emcee and wedding coordinator, so I recommended my friend from college Joy Alano.
No comments:
Post a Comment