Geddafuckoffalready!
I hate hurrying to catch a ride on the MRT only to discover once I get inside that the air conditioning is off. But that's what happened. I had about 15 seconds before the train doors closed and I'm sardined with the other sweaty passengers. Wuss that I am I didn't get off, but after some cranky old lady (maybe early 50's) got on at the first stop, I wish I had. She immediately chastised a young lady who was seated and trying to guilt her into giving up her seat for some other old lady. She went on and on about the posted courtesy signs, her "girl scout" days, questioning how the seated girl's parentage(!), and so on. I was not the target of her tirade but in that cramped space it was excruciating to endure, nonetheless. I tried to continue reading Kyle Baker's Why I Hate Saturn (funny stuff from Baker, as always) but found myself unable to even move one page. When I looked up and discovered we were only on our 3rd stop. With all the yakking that old b*tch did the trip seemed to go on forever. Thankfully she got off that stop as well, unsuccessful in her bid to unseat the young lady. Well, nyah, nyah! Bad enough I had to ride in a moving sauna without her using up precious oxygen? Would it have killed her to just ask the lady instead of going off on some self-righteous, holier-than-thou lecture about how Manny Pangilinan gave up his seat in the MRT? She may have meant well but her approach sucked.
No comments:
Post a Comment