COUNTUP

Oct 15, 2011

August Appendices

Aug. 24: Legazpi Boy Fernand held a birthday pool party at his apartment building in Asia Tower.  The scenario reminded me of when I held my birthday there several years back: relaxed atmosphere, way too much food, and no-one used the swimming pool.  Lookes like the Speedo trunks I wore were staying dry.  Familiar faces in attendance inlcuded CB, Ana G., Rosanna (whom I met w/ Aryn Cristobal at C.B.'s pool party where the pool was actually used, by the way) and Carlos Joaquin, who was still working w/ (or for ) Engelbert.  I was even more surprised when Fernds had to leave his own party early because he had to go to Pampanga.  I just took that as my cue to exit as well.



Aug. 28: My favorite couple from Iloilo, Arsenio and Ronstadt Fernandez flew into town for a couple of days, so we decided to meet for dinner.  I picked them up in Greenhills then we drove to Cubao X, a virgin destination for all of us.  Rain and traffic made it difficult to find at first, but funnily enough we parked in front of Cubao X while asking for directions on how to get there.  The place was small, to be sure, and there were several shops selling enough vintage items that would make Jack Knight grin from ear to ear and wince from the smell of old...everything.  The bookshops were the main draw for us, so imagine my and Arsenio's shock when the comics shop Sputnik was closed for the day.  To console ourselves, as recommended by Eileen we ate dinner at Bellini's, where Mr. Bellini himself recommended the pizza flavor we ordered, as well as the small starter place.  His tastes were definitely... Greek in flavor.  The pizza was plate thin and smelled funnier than the old wing  of his restaurant, where the TV by the bar was tuned to an Italian channel ('natch).

No comments: