COUNTUP

Oct 11, 2010

101010 (Not Binary Code)

Had Sunday lunch w/ Dee at Cafe Mediterranean in SM MoA to help pass the time as the 'Rents attended a birthday lunch party at Century Seafood. For the first time I didn't completely finish my moussaka.

Later that evening I ran into Dee's sister Marilyn at Jehan Sia (Li)'s wedding reception at Sofitel (went w/ BoiT and Dionne), seated at the table next to ours. Since Jehan's little brother married my cousin Eliza it was no surprise that the Hao Chins were present, as well.

The newlyweds seemed to have a allotted a significant portion of the wedding budget to photographers. Aside from having 2 shutter-guys (Jervy Santiago among them), the now-obligatory photo booth was replaced by an actual photographer standing by w/ her DSLR camera, while her partner worked on a laptop and portable photo-printer.

Tonight was also the largest gathering of Ad Extremians (aka SJCS Batch 1994) in formal wear since our Senior prom. Tim Yap emceed and did improv for the evening, while Jehan's dad performed w/ his Argentinian Tango dance group, same as last year. I was also surprised to see Joy Lua since I thought had already formally settled in Australia. Also on my list of "Hey, it's you!" sightings: Winston Co, Richard Uy, Jane Kingsu, Ritchie Ang, Peterson Tieng (actually that shouldn't come as a surprise since he officiated the church wedding) and 2 DLSU professors, including Julie Tanada. Unfortunately the other guy's name escape me, although we did recognize each other.

No comments: