The quality of this blog's writing often suffers when doing catch-up summaries. That said, I'll try my best not to bore you. Now for long-form captions to the images above:
1) This was taken in Mimie's nail salon and foot spa (called Mi and Me) in Malate, in celebration of her (and the ladyfriend/model who's subtly leaning on her left boob) birthday. Aside from that Mimie's family also runs Bedrock Bar and Grill Restaurant. The after-party was held at Encore, a pretentious poser hangout if there ever was one. Apologies to my friend Timothy, but having bouncers separate VIPs from their guests w/ their own queues roughly 10 feet away from and literally around the corner will not win you good PR. Exclusivity, shmexclusivity. How I wish FishLady was at the door of Encore and not their foodie sister spot Suite, it would've made things more serendipitous and cooler.
2) That's Rory V. Pasucal, freelance writer/editor, posing w/ Lola, who apparently was an avid follower of Rory's Highlander fanfiction work. Rory was in line behind me at this year's Free Comic Book Day held on May 1st, where I managed to be the 5th geek in line at Comic Odyssey at Robinson's Galleria before the store officially opened. When the clock struck 10 geeks 8-to-onward made mad dash to the shop. After swiping 1 free comic more than the "3 books only" rule, we stuck around for the artist's signing several hours away. Rory got her Dark Wolverine hardcover signed by cover artist and inker Leinil Yu and Gerry Alanguilan, respectively, while I got Leinil to autograph my New Avengers Vol. 3 hardcover and Ultimate Hulk VS. Wolverine for Lola. I also met Rory's friend Wilson Tortosa, who drew the Battle of the Planets (aka 70's anime G Force) mini-series and turned out to be Lyndon's old classmate in Philippine Cultural High School.
3)Later that evening of FBCD I, Dennis, Lyndon and his freudin Cindy caught a free screening of Iron Man 2, sponsored by Cemex. Aside from free popcorn and drinks we were treated to a demo of Winema, an interactive game that involves a motion-detecting camera and the audience waving their hands in the air in unison to move the characters on the screen. After the spectacle of audience arm-waving that reminded me of those North Korean parade tributes to Kim Jong Il, I thought Winema needed a name change, preferably something that doesn't sound like it's related to colon cleansing.

No comments:
Post a Comment