COUNTUP

Oct 30, 2009

Ad Extremeet

The classmates of SJCS 1994 have long since gone their separate ways and "cliques." Last night wasn't what I'd call a 15th Anniversary reunion. It's not like I'd call up everybody on the batch directory and hope they show up. Just those I feel close or enjoy talking to... and hope they show up. About half of them made it.

In a way this meeting was arranged for Irene's (second from left) benefit. Sem-break had just started in SJCS (where she works) and she said she doesn't get out much, much less go out w/ friends. Two birds and all that, I thought. Contact a specific group of friends and a mini-reunion out of it. Keep the gathering small, intentionally or otherwise. Nikki, Wijinne, Stonibert, Wendy and Jean Agnes had to bow out.

(In hindsight I broke my own rule of not going to a expensive restaurant since the main goal was to meet friends and chat, not order pricey pasta.)

Everyone who came had been my classmate at one point, be it in elementary or high school. I seemed to have the most amount of recall w/ recognition, as Junius (second from right) barely remembers. Then again I forgot Jasper (behind Junius) didn't graduate w/ us and instead continued his studies in Singapore. Now to update from left to right:

Lisabelle Chan (Teng) is married to Gilbert Teng and now works as a Bowen Technique practitioner and Physiotherapist at Fort BGC Branch of The Spa.

Irene Tang Uy works in the administration office of Saint Jude Catholic School.

Adeline Ting works in the administration office of Philippine Cultural High School.

Jasper Soon works on government information technology projects.

Junius Yu is a published author, w/ the first book of his Legends of the 9 fantasy series already out and available at Fully Booked. He is currently working on the second book.

1 comment:

Chinachix said...

I just love reunions, big or small...