COUNTUP

Sep 28, 2009

Wedding Addendum (or Weddendum)

More details on my cousin's wedding last Sunday:

My other cousin Aissa (and my sister to some extent) was all giddy upon hearing that morning FM radio hosts Chico & Delamar were emceeing. Too bad for them that the program was more AVP/guest centric, so their fans didn't get to hear them say much except during the quiz portion.

Super-long AVPs are the bane of my wedding reception experience. If the goal was to have something to play in the background while the waiters served dinner, bravo, they succeeded. Otherwise, I get it: Baby pix, kid pix, jump-like-Jesus'-bible-bio-straight-to-adulthood pix, couple-pix. Continuity is fine. It's the length I have issues with. (Do you really need 3 songs to tell an already truncated version of your biography? I guarantee just one will tell and leave an impression just as effectively. It's like there'll be quiz afterwards.)

On the other hand, movie trailer-like on-site AVPs I adore. Michael Bay-ish sweeping pan shots are getting tiresome, though.

Aside from the string band they had an acapella group glee away the time while dinner went on. The highlight of the evening's entertainment was probably a performance by Johann's dad's Philippine Argentine Tango group (of w/c he's president or chairman). I half expected them to use Por Una Cabeza (aka tango number from Scent of a Woman and True Lies), but no, they went w/ something longer and more obscure. That said, everyone in the ballroom stopped in their tracks to watch.

Ran into a number of Ad Extremians, including now-published author Junius Yu. I joked w/ Melissa Tong how buti pa si Junius may libro na, while the two of us were blogging for bupkis. Tim Yap was also there, sporting a tiny tie, w/c Melissa guessed was left over from our 6th grade graduation period.

No comments: