* * *
A couple of weeks after Splash the Kids (except for Jian) were signed up for 10 swimming lessons at Marianas. I joined then, albeit as babysitter and not as a student. Doc Pipo’s been telling me to swim as physical therapy for my bum right shoulder, and I’ve been looking for an excuse to get to it.
I discovered that, aside from my lousy form (compared to what the kids were learning, my freestyle has too much “free” and not enough “style”) doing laps does wonders for the back and chest. When I got out of the pool after about 15 laps or so my torso looked like it’d been doing pushups all morning. And I caught a hint of a V-shaped back. No wonder Michael Phelp’s back looks like a superhero drawing. On the minus side the shoulder felt worse, like there was soreness on top of the soreness. So much for low impact. Bring out the Ibuprofen!
No comments:
Post a Comment