COUNTUP

Aug 3, 2007

Oh, Yeah...

What were the events the transpired the day before that I forgot to blog about?

What do you call nightmares w/ happy endings? Seriously. Bad Dream That Ends Well? Dreammare? Anyhoo, I had one of those. Horrible. I thought my best friend was mauled/beaten to death. I headed for my room to meet the 'rents, all the while dealing w/ grief the way I do when I'm awake: stoic, anxious, and in denial 'til I actually see the body. As I open the door who comes to greet me in w/ tears and a hug but my best friend, alive. I realize it's a dream but the flood of joy, relief and all those other positive emotions I felt seemed real. I didn't wake up crying tears of joy, mind you, but there was a lingering feeling that this day was going to be a good one.

Good news came in the form of an email telling me my book order went through and was shipped the next day. My evening was spent reminiscing via Youtube, watching clips of shows I grew up watching, like Marlo & the Magic Movie Machine, Punky Brewster and Perfect Strangers. Well worth skipping over my dloaded copy of Reefer Madness: the Movie Musical. Guess you had to watch the original to appreciate the satirical nature of the remake.

Oh, and Jack Palance's version of Ripley's Believe It or Not! is far superior to Dean Cain's exteme-showcase-fear-factor-lite presentation. Argh, I really wish my Betamax machine was still working. Hell, I wish it was still intact.

No comments: