COUNTUP

Apr 24, 2007

Lines Drawn Out

Encountered lots of lines today. Surprisingly the one I thought would take longer to wait in, wasn't, and vice-versa.

Had the Altis re-registered at the newly relocated LTO office (now nearer our house) and it took less than an hour. Wanted to get prepaid plane tickets printed, and it took all afternoon.

I was already in Pasay, so I thought stopping by the Cebu Pacific office near the airport be faster then the other locations I had listed. Wrong. When I pulled a number stub it was more than a hundred stubs behind what was displayed in the LED counter. A lot those in-between probably left out of frustration, but it was still discouraging.

I decided to head for the Megamall office. I was right in thinking there were less people, but unfortunately they didn't print tickets that were bought online, and said I had to go the Robinson's Galleria branch.

And so I did. And again the first stall I stopped by asked me to walk to the bigger office further down the end of the mall. More people. Though given an "express" stub I still managed to wolf down a MacCheeseburger meal, doze off a bit and listen to 1.5 episodes of The Dennis Miller Show (One episode averaging 1 hour and 48 minutes) before I was called. In the end my transaction took less then 5 minutes. And I thought waiting in to be called in Metrobank or Equitable PCI on a busy day was bad.

On the way home heavy traffic was encountered on Araneta Avenue, thanks to the idiot Kabataan partylist group prepping to hold a stage concert in the middle of one of the lanes. (At least I now know who not to vote for.) Last week a portion of Tomas Morato was closed for an Earth Day concert, and now this. Someone should remind the organizers that "sidewalks are not for the commerce of Man," so how do they think the public would feel about shows done in the middle of a national highway?

No comments: