After coming back from the gym I caught Pa and company cleaning up the house's underground water reservoir. Some parts of the metropolis was experiencing water service interruptions due to city maintenance work. Our water interruption was apparently self-induced due to a broken water pump.
Naturally I was asked to help out. One thing I learned is that I love working out, but I hate working.
While helping empty the reservoir Pa gave me a brief history of it. (Gotta pass the time somehow...) Due to the water shortage several years back he thought it'd be a good idea to build one underneath our parking garage. Once done it was thought that the amount of water it could hold would last up to 4 days. Unfortunately with the number of people in house it gets used up in only two. And ideally it's best of this thing gets cleaned once a year. Now 2-3 years have passed since we cleaned the thing, and, ugh, does it show. You know that brown, scummy residue (not algae) that builds up inna aquarium that hasn't been cleaned inna while? It's kinda like that, only inna much bigger aquarium. Add some rust flakes from the pipes, and you got one filthy reservoir. Man, we showered with that water...?
No comments:
Post a Comment