COUNTUP

Sep 9, 2003

Poor Prince Indeed

Using the Hi-Ace and accompanied by Mom, I met up with Rachelle at UN Avenue (after a convulted lost 'n' found over which McDonald's restaurant to meet in) and then proceeded to the office of Syncmaster, the company that dubs foreign shows like GMA 7's Chinese teen drama The Poor Prince and animes, among other things. The office was in Intramuros, and with none of having been there before we had a little trouble finding it.

Their operations (set-up) was a lot smaller than I thought, and the talent fee they offered seemed to confirm it. (Five hundred bucks an episode?!? Chirst, college kids pay me more than that.) Still, we were already there and auditioned, anyway. The lack of a script had me flubbing my lines, and they commented on my supposed lack of fluency in Tagalog. (I would've argued otherwise but they didn't have a script for me to back it up with.)

In the end it was a "Call us 'coz we won't call you," not that they offered much of an incentive for that to happen. Rache and I killed time waiting for Ma (to come back from Cash & Carry, then fetch Dad) at Starbucks.

No comments: