COUNTUP

Feb 8, 2003

Pre-weekend Update

Gaile Robredo finally wrote back. She said she was busy with last minute college work, with graduation coming and all.

John from the office upgraded our computers (except Joy's) to run Windows XP. A bit slow, but at least I got a bigger hard drive, so no more sharing disk space with Lala's computer. Got Imesh running again, and just in time, too 'coz I think John managed to wipe out the media files I stored in Lala's CPU.

Thursday night I had dinner with the family at Good Earth Tea House (Greenbelt 3) for Wilson's birthday. Even Sis and her family managed to make it. Familiar faces seen included Harvey (from my Taiwan trip days) and Aldwin who was giving a visitor from China (she works for a TV station there) a tour of GB3.

Am having trouble with the DVD player in the living room. Seems it's a bit picky with what DVDs it wants to play. Sometimes it'll play Aissa's bootlegs, sometimes it won't, with me experiencing more of the latter. I knew should've finished watching A Beautiful Mind last night.

Thanks to US Prez Bush's paranoia on Irag, war jitters dragged the peso-dollar exchange rate to P54-$1. Hell for me, the online shopper. Still I made the last Ebay payment with that rate. With Billpoint about to disappear and my Paypal account still "limited" my online bidding activities gonna be on haitus for a while.

No comments: