COUNTUP

Jul 9, 2002

Rain, Rain, Go Away....No, Just GO.

Make that 4 days of almost non-stop rain. The gusty winds creeped me out for fear it would take the power out...and I was right. From 1:00 to 8:45 yesterday we had no water or electricity. (In an off-topic peeve, my downloads of Six Feet Under won't play properly if I adjust the video's brightness. It only plays right if I leave the original screen setting, which in this case is Too Freaking Dark. My guess is either I'm using up too much disk space, or anything that's 300MB up won't play well.)

Fortunately the power came back before 24 was about to air. The series is gripping with suspense, probably because I let my guard down and allow myself to fully enjoy it, meaning I might freak out if a miss a single episode. I do the same with Late Night with Conan O'Brien and Who's Line is it, Anyway?: shows where I actually laugh out loud.

Unfortunately the DSL was out, but while in the midst of trying to watch the too freaking dark download of SFU on the computer I saw a tail sticking out of the crevice of the office air conditioner. Instinctively I grabbed, and it turned out to be a mouse. (Gotcha!) To keep it from biting and crawling on my hand I twirled it around like a bola until I pinned it under the office chair (the one without the wheels) and crushed its thorax like a rolling pin.

...What? They're filthy.

No comments: